Aloha, I’m Monica!
For years, parents have asked me to share the keys to raising my four sons to embrace excellent character.
Through blogging at MonicaSwanson.com, my book (Boy Mom: What Your Son Needs Most from You), and creating the Boy Mom Podcast, I've offered practical advice and encouragement to millions of families — but one topic continues to come up as parents ask for hands-on tools and resources: character development.
This course takes everything I've learned, pulls together dozens of valuable and game-changing resources, and offers support for parents who want to raise character-rich kids in today's world.
Everything is now in one place, and we're diving in deep: incredible resources, podcast-style interviews with experts, and more!
We will discuss:
- the power of influences and role models
- ways to support kids who are dealing with anxiety
- anger in parenting
- cultivating gratitude and fighting entitlement
- conflict resolution and peacemaking for families
- building a strong family unit
- motivations for character development
- kid-friendly definitions and examples of character qualities
- how we can help our kids make better choices
- the use of consequences and discipline as tools for character development
- appropriate life skills by age
- qualities to look for in a good friend
- friendship challenges during tween and teenage years
- and much more!
Module lessons include downloadable resources:
- Scripture-based prayers for your children
- character-inspiring books to read and movies to watch with your child(ren)
- a list of life skills by age range
- seven practical ways to train character in the early years
- question prompts to use when guiding your child(ren) to make wise decisions
- a list of Scriptures to help fight entitlement and inspire gratitude
- power-packed lists of character-rich quotes
- guidelines to implementing appropriate consequences and discipline
- a guide to conflict resolution and peacemaking
- a list of twenty thoughtful ways to cultivate gratitude in your child(ren)
- encouragement (from my husband Dave) to busy dads who want to be intentional
- Bible verses for the mom who is struggling
and so much more!
Every module includes interviews with experts:
- Wendy Speake, co-author of Parenting Scripts: When What You're Saying Isn't Working, Say Something New and Triggers: Exchanging Parents Angry Reactions for Gentle, Biblical Responses
- Dennis Trittin, author of Parenting for the Launch: Raising Teens to Succeed in the Real World
- Ruth Chou Simons, mother of five, author of Gracelaced, Beholding and Becoming, and co-author of Foundations: 12 Biblical Truths to Shape a Family
- Jonathan Pitts, pastor, father of four, and co-author of She Is Yours: Trusting God As You Raise the Girl He Gave You
- Kristen Welch, author of Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World and Raising World Changers in a Changing World
- David Thomas, child therapist and author of Raising Emotionally Strong Boys and co-author of Are My Kids on Track?
- Kari Kampakis, mom of four, author of Liked: Whose Approval are you Living For? and Love Her Well
and many more!
interviews with experts
videos and trainings from Monica
helpful and practical downloads
Immediate Access to All New
Resources (At No Cost)
Over the past two years, several hundred people have gone through the Character Training Course. Based on their incredible feedback, we are continually updating the Character Training Course by adding in new downloads and valuable resources like:
- an entire module specifically for parents of young kids
- an entire module on cultivating gratitude & fighting entitlement in our child(ren)
- 3 new interviews
- 10 new downloads
- resources regarding anger in parenting
- resources specifically geared toward parenting daughters
As the course expands with additional resources, the price will increase. However, when you purchase the Character Training Course, you receive immediate access to everything within the course both now and in the future.
There is NO additional cost to you as new resources are added in! Go through the course at your own pace with the peace of mind: you'll never pay a penny for future additions to the Character Training Course.
(click the arrow below to see additional module and lesson topics -- the downloads and extra resources are available within each lesson)
Every module includes a personal introduction or teaching video from Monica.
Every lesson includes downloadable resources that you'll return to again and again.
Every module includes incredible interviews with inspiring guests and experts.